Monday, January 12, 2009

Making the Delivery.

1-7-09
So today, I was worried. I Had the service group to take out and lead for the day. Normally this isn’t that much of a big deal. But yesterday was different. today was Wednesday, and that means a big group. Normally most of the hall. But as abads are gone, and jose is gone, our source of group transportation was just about dried up. While there is one other brother with one of those big 10’ bed Daihatsu flatbeds, but that he used for work. So like the good brothers do here when the need be, all 16 of us started the walk out to the territory. At least 45 minutes out. But, on the way, we passed the brother with the flatbed. He gives me keys and asks me if I know how to drive stick. I thought of trying to pull the old, “lo siento, no hablo espanolo” trick. Not that I don’t like driving, I do really. Particuly small and nimble cars. Ideally Go-carts. Just the driving a massive truck down bumpy dirt roads with 15 or so elderlyish brothers and sisters riding in the back wasn’t exactly my cup of tee. But we did make it out there ok. No mishaps. I just drove a whopping 20 kilometres o less the whole way. But needless to say, We did have good success, I even encountered a younger guy who was learning inglish in one of the institutes, so that’s always fun to let them practice with you a little. In realidad, they don’t get all that many opportunities to talk with native speakers that far out. At any rate, When we returned everybody was super grateful of my driving. The said it was very smooth…and no one fell out. Always a plus in my book. Since most (if not all) of them have never even learned how to drive a car, the truck driving is a big deal. Oh so a new record in our hall for the most people in a pick truck( a antiquated quad cab Nissan), 21. beat the pants off the least record by 4 people. I’ll have to check and see if the visiting American sister has pictures.

Still have’t eaten the beans…

No comments:

Post a Comment