Friday, January 9, 2009

Crawling insectoids invade the habichulas

1-5-09
So Today was, well, I say to often it was a waste, but it really wasn’t. I woke to the sound of the pasture borracho at around 6:30 and got things done around the house. Always good I guess. Im getting ahead on my studying which I like, but I did have a lot of free time today and I’m still not really used to that. I wrote a lot for the email, but that’s about it. I couldn’t send it though. I was going to do some work in El Estrecho, but the guy that has it was traveling today, so, so much for that. I even went to Luperon, but there was no power there which stunk. When I came back to the house, we still did, so I’m starting to think contrary to Corey on the idea that our power is the same line as Luperon. Made some messy taco like things. Definitely not the best ones I’ve made so far.

Oh, so I got extra black beans today. Three pounds worth. Not usually anything worth mentioning, but as a I was scanning through for rocks, I noticed 1 or 2 bugs. Small little guys, but still big enough to make an audible “crunch” when you put you finger on them. I wasn’t all that concerned really. But I found at least 30 more. I got what I could and put the rest in the freezer. We’ll see what happens.

Wow. There is way to much ice in mi vaso de ron….lo prueba como….agua.

So I’ve got to something to fill up my time, but not too much. I hate the feeling of not having things done, but that feelings also is what drives me to action. Cory and mike are still gone for another week, I’m sure that will help out the time filling bit.

I started listening to some of the Spanish Dramas. They rock so far. The old ones are wicked long. Like an hour and a half. But I’m picking up a lot of it. It helps when you know the stories.

I was thinking today. In only a few days more, I will have been studying Spanish for a whole year, I really thought I’d be better, but Its coming together. Granted I’ve been saying that for 12 months. Poco a poco.

So I started my new workout schedule. My goal for 2009 is to due a total of 200,000 pushups. In reality that’s a little under 550 pushups a day, not so bad. I can do 50 at a shot pretty easy, and today I pushed out 350. obviously I need a bit of time to get to the 550 a day level. But I don’t think I’m that far from being able to a 100 at a shot. Its close. Once you get to that point, it’s a piece of cake. Granted the off days im not expecting to do the full amounts, but extra on the on days. We’ll keep it posted. Currently 850.

No comments:

Post a Comment