Wednesday, February 4, 2009

End Of foot Ball season

3-1-09
As I’m sure of you are all aware, this past Sunday was a special Sunday, Super bowl Sunday to be precise. Yes, a day for families and friends to be brought together, and at times split in two. A time for overeating of nachos and cheese dips and tasty beverages that fizz of a types.
Isn’t it interesting though, that even those who may not even watch a single football game all year, still faithfully go to their respective crazed sports fan friend. One who just happens to have a ridiculously oversized tv which if one was especially lucky, Dwarfs the coach one sits on to watch it..). Some Watch it for the game. The Action. The Battle that ensures..the struggle between the opposing armies. Its almost to much to handle.
I like the commercials. Sure the games are alright to a guess. But the commercials……They make me laugh. I am generally disposed to despise advertisements and the commercialization of society as a whole , the way the drain away my precious relaxation time to display things I don’t want and don’t need. But the superbowl ads are different. sometimes between plays, its like watching a minimovie they are so long. They tell a whole stories. I like stories.
Regrettably, this year there where no commercials for me to enjoy. And, for that matter, no football for any of my Pennsylvanian roommates either, As we don’t have cable or a tv for that matter. Also, while we have sports crazed, none with cable, tvs, and power at the same time that actual received the proper channel. And for that, Cory, mike, Our local friends and myself, ate pizza, cookies, crackers and cheese quietly while we stared at a wall and pretended we where watching the super bowl. Ok so that last part isn’t true, but we did eat a lot food playing games. Oh well. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment